Thursday, June 11, 2009

6th NH Encampment at Spangler's Spring



Greetings. I have finally overcome my technical difficulties and now have internet access. Therefore, I can now share some updates with you on park programs as well as my own adventures in Gettysburg. We interns have been staying extremely busy preparing for our first programs within the coming week. Nevertheless, we are all having a very good and enlightening time, taking full advantage of ranger walks and historic programs.

One of these past weekends, a few of the fellow interns and myself scouted the weekend encampment taking place at the Spangler's Spring at the base of Culp's Hill on the battlefield. Throughout most weekends of the spring and summer, the park hosts living history encampments at various locations on the field. This particular weekend featured the 6th New Hampshire Volunteers. We arrived at the camp as the sun was setting, so I captured some interesting twilight camp scenes. Although we were a small group, the company played some colorful musical selections for us. These too are posted for your viewing enjoyment.










No comments:

Post a Comment