Friday, January 23, 2009

Some Lincoln Art


Just this week, some of my artwork was placed on the Lincoln Bicentennial website. I first spoke with the folks at the Library of Congress about this while helping to plan a Lincoln exhibition at my local historical society. We shared a few ideas and culminated them into an online coloring book for students. These illustrations depict a number of scenes and places throughout Lincoln's life, including the Lincoln Cabin and the Gettysburg Address. They are available for download or printing by teachers and students. Please check them out and feel free to use them in any way you like. I'm just glad I have the opportunity to participate in this national commemoration. Hopefully, some young people will have fun with these pictures and learn a thing or two from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment